Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ecnefa (Opposite of A Fence)

Kelly, here's my "Opposite of a Fence" writing:

It allows us to be open
On view for all to see
When you remove the fence
Then the me can become we


The folks across the street
With the noisy, yapping dog
Can wave their hand at me
On their early morning jog

And how about the couple
In the log house right next door
With an ecnefa in place
You will find they're not a bore

An ecnefa can make you like
Most anyone you meet
It reaches out to others
And puts you in their feet

Just how much is an ecnefa
In dollars and in cents
It really can't be measured
But in your heart there may be dents

You see with an ecnefa
Your vision becomes much clearer
You see the needs of those around
And with your time become freer

So get yourself an ecnefa
It may come at high cost
But the rewards will be eternal
And a precious soul may not be lost




( P.S.--If you still don't get my poem, A Fence spelled backwards is Ecnefa)

1 comment:

  1. Wendy,
    I'm so happy you have decided to blog! This is just the begining and I know you and others will be blessed by your writings.

    ReplyDelete