Friday, January 7, 2011

Julia Child I'm Not


My favorite movie last year was "Julie and Julia", a wonderful film with food, writing and Meryl Streep. All things I thoroughly enjoy! I am not (nor ever will be) a gourmet cook, but tonight I tried a yummy recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I love this magazine because they have "real people" recipes. This one was called "Chicken Crescent Wreath". I actually had fun chopping up the red pepper, broccoli, onion, and water chestnuts into little pieces. And who doesn't love popping open Pillsbury dough in the tubes. When all the ingredients were mixed together it made such a lovely conglomeration of colors that it was like a holiday wreath. Final step--folding over the little triangles of dough over the mixture. What do you think? Look good enough to eat?






I'm happy to report, it was scrumptious! We enjoyed this meal along with Grandpa and Grandma visiting from Connecticut. Perfect meal for a perfect evening with family. For tonight I actually felt like I was a cook extraordinaire.


Here's the recipe for those who want to try it:
CHICKEN CRESCENT WREATH
2 tubes (8 ounces each)refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Co-Jack cheese
2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
1 can (5 ounces) white chicken,drained or 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
2 tablespoons chopped onion

Arrange crescent rolls on a 12-in. pizza pan, forming a ring
with pointed ends facing the outer edge of pan and wide ends overlapping.
Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over wide ends of rolls.
Fold points over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.

1 comment: